One of the most precious things in our life is time. There are so many technological advancements in every field to save our time. We all know how much time it takes to make roti rolls for dinner at night. So, it’s no wonder roti makers have become popular. Let’s see if they are worth your money.
Buying a roti maker is worth the expense for people who have difficulty in making roti and do not have much time to spend making them. By using it we can make perfect rotis instantly with only minimal effort. The most attractive feature of a roti maker is its simple operating mechanism. They are for sure an investment that will benefit you for a long period.
Around the world, various types of roti makers are widely used. To get better results we must use a quality roti maker. It’s always good to choose a popular brand to get a perfect product. For that we have to know about the most popular roti makers used all around the world. Here’s a list of the leading brands in making roti makers.
Top 5 best roti makers (recommended)
- #1 Bellemain Corn Tortilla Press
- #2 Uno Casa Cast Iron Press
- #3 7Penn Cast Iron Tortilla Press
- #4 G&M Crepe Maker Machine
- #5 Roti Maker by star blue
Bellemain Corn Tortilla Press ( #1 Pick )
The best roti maker currently available in the market for an average person is Bellemain Corn Tortilla Press. As it is made from cast iron, there is no doubt that it is durable and heavy-duty.
- Dimensions: 11.26 x 9.53 x 2.05 inches
- Weight: 4.23 kg
- Material: Cast Iron
- If you are looking for a decently priced roti maker, this is the best choice.
- It is durable and heavy-duty since it is made from cast iron.
- This roti maker does a good work by creating better shape and thickness for the roti.
- Since it is a little bit heavy, you should have to handle it carefully.
Uno Casa Cast Iron Press
The second-best option is Uno Casa cast Iron Press. In this one, the iron cast is very heavy and sturdy. Therefore, it is very rare that this maker will get damaged. Long durability is the main attraction of this one. • The only difference of this one from the Bellemain corn tortilla press is that it is on the pricier side.
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 10 x 3 inches
- Weight: 5.3 kg
- Material Used: Cast Iron
- If you don’t mind about the money and want a heavy cast iron press, this is the better option.
- Weight is essential when it comes to a roti maker. It does most of the pressing and create perfect shape and thickness.
- The price is higher, but it is a valuable one among the roti makers because of its quality.
- Heavy weight
7Penn Cast Iron Tortilla Press
If it comes to the size 7Penn Cast Iron Tortilla Press a better option that you can consider. While eight inches (20 cm) is the normal size for almost all roti makers, this roti maker has an option of ten inches (25 cm).
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 11 x 2 inches
- Weight: 3.21 kg
- Material used: Cast Iron
- It is the cheapest one compared to other four and this doesn’t mean it has a poor productivity.
- It is perfect for making big flatten rotis at a reasonable price.
- It is comparatively less heavy and so easier to handle
- The screws can become loose in course of time but you can adjust them with your hand.
G&M Crepe Maker Machine
If you are looking for a machine to cook the pressed bread then this would be a perfect option. It is made of Aluminium, so it is not as strong as cast iron.
- Dimensions: 13.19 x 12.08 x 2.68 inches
- Weight: 1.18 kg
- Material used: Aluminium
- Less heavy and so easier to use
- Since it does not have a hinge or handle, there is less chance for it breaking and has a decent quality.
- The company also offers 24/7 support and replacements in case your device faces any issues.
- Since the material is not strong, it is susceptible to damages over time.
Starblue Roti Maker
If you prefer to have an electronic roti maker, Stable Roti Maker is the best one in the market right now. If you want to flatten and cook the bead simultaneously, this one is the best option.
- Dimensions: 13.39 x 7.87 x 9.84 inches
- Weight: 2.47 kg
- Material: Steel
- It is also equipped with light indicators to correct the temperature.
- Requires less physical effort
- Since it is not made with cast iron it takes more strength and time to flatten the roti.
- As it is an electronic roti maker, but there is a chance of it stop heating properly after a few months if you don’t handle it carefully.
Things to know before buying a Roti maker
Select a Brand
When you buy a roti maker it is always better to select a popular brand. Because if you buy a cheap one, there is chance of it not working properly. A branded roti maker will ensure you tasty and uniformly cooked Rotis. An unbranded one may make the situation complicated. So, it is better to trust the brands.
Check the quality
You have to check the quality of the roti maker thoroughly. The non-sticking coating of the maker should be perfect. It is one of the main things that should be checked.
Information from the service centre.
You must collect information from the service centre before using the roti maker. Use it only according to the instructions and also contact them if any functional problems happen to the Machine. Don’t try to fix it with your limited knowledge. That would be dangerous.
Check the customer feedback
Always check the customer feedback of a product before buying it. It is applicable in the case of roti makers also. You should go through the users’ feedback and make your decision afterwards. It would be helpful to find a better product.
Things to Know while Using Roti Maker
Fresh dough must be used
The dough decides the taste of the roti. If it is stored in the fridge and it is not fresh, then the roti becomes hard, crisp and distasteful. So, it is always better to prepare fresh dough when you are planning to use a roti maker. A roti maker can’t be blamed for the bad taste of the roti if we don’t use the fresh dough.
Soft and stickier dough are better for roti maker
The dough used in the roti maker is different from that of the normal ones. It should be soft and sticky. Therefore, more water should be added than usual.
One hour resting time should be given to the dough
The dough must be prepared one hour before you start making the roti. A resting time of one hour will ensure soft and tastier rotis. But no hungry person is going to wait for that much. So, a resting time of 10 to 15 minutes is okay for the roti. But it won’t give you the softness that the one hour could do. Therefore, if you are able to control your hunger, wait for one hour to get delicious rotis.
Use of oil
While making the ball structures, it is very useful to add some oil to the dough. This will prevent the dough from getting stuck in your hands. Give a little coating of oil to the roti balls. The oil also helps to cook the roti properly. You should also be careful in using oil because overuse of oil will create a bad taste and it also affects the health.
Don’t make the rotis wait
The rotis are softer and tastier when they are hot. So, it is not good to keep it for a long time. It is better to serve it hot. We make the dough differently for the roti maker so those rotis will lose their softness and taste more quickly.
These are the major things that you should know before buying and using a roti maker. After buying a roti maker you should know how to properly use that. Now let’s look at how to use a roti maker.
How to use a Roti Maker
Roti maker is primarily made to save time and to make the job easier. So, quite naturally, using the Roti maker is really simple.
- First, you have to make the dough softer which is appropriate for the roti maker.
- Then, give the dough a proper resting time. After some time make the dough into balls.
- If you are using a roti maker with a cooking facility, you have to first turn on the roti maker and wait for the indicator light to show that it is finished heating up. Remember that the appliance should be clean.
- Then take one ball and put it closer to the hinge of the roti maker to prevent the dough from squeezing out of the sides. Compress the ball by pressing the top handle down.
- If it is an electric roti maker press for about 30-45 seconds and let the roti cook until the bubbles come out. If it is not an electric roti maker compress the ball until you get the perfect shape and thickness.
- Then, cook the compressed roti. Repeat the same process to all the balls.
So, you see, it is very simple to use roti makers and you will never be disappointed with the results. However, after cooking the rotis, serve them hot. Don’t keep the rotis for a long time, because the time-lapse affects its softness and taste.
We hope now you got a better idea about a roti maker. It is really helpful equipment to have in your kitchen. It saves your time and reduces your effort. So, it is actually a good decision to buy a roti maker at the home.
But you always have to consider the things discussed in this article; the things that you should consider before buying a roti maker and the things that should be taken care of after buying one. If properly maintained, it is a good asset in the kitchen