Noodles are everyone’s favourite dish. If you want to prepare noodles to meet your afternoon hunger then you must be wondering how many noodles you should prepare for a single serving. Okay! Let’s resolve the query.
The single-serving size of noodles is typically about 2 ounces of dry noodles. However, you can increase the amount per serving if you are a food lover and want to prepare more to satisfy your taste buds.
A report published by the US National Library of Medicine (NLM), the serving size for spaghetti noodles is usually 2 ounces of dry or uncooked noodles. So, you should read and understand the right amount before consuming the noodles. Over-intake of noodles might increase the calorie content in your diet. So, let us understand the ideal serving size for different types of noodles.
|Types of noodles||Noodles (dry) per serving|
|Veg noodles||½ cup (100 gms)|
|Egg noodles||½ cup (71gms)|
|Spaghetti noodles||2 ounces|
|Chicken noodles||½ cup (71gms)|
|Hakka Noodles||½ cup (100 gms)|
Veg Noodles Recipe
Veg noodle is a simple dish with exotic flavours of vegetables, sauces, and spices. Noodles have low fat and sodium content, which makes them a healthy diet. They contain vitamins and minerals such as iron, riboflavin, niacin, and thiamine. They are a great source of energy. So, if you want to prepare your favourite veg noodles at home by yourself, then you should know all the ingredients that you need to arrange before preparing the dish.
Veg Noodles Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Chopped ginger
- 1 green chili
- ½ sliced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- ½ chopped carrot
- ¼ chopped green capsicum
- chopped beans
- 3 tbsp shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- pepper powder
- Add 6 cup water in a large bowl and add salt and 1 tsp oil. When water starts boiling, add 1 packet of noodles to it.
- Allow the noodles to boil for about 3 minutes. You can also refer package instructions to follow the exact cooking instructions for the noodles
- When noodles are cooked properly, drain off the water. Now pour cold water on the noodles so that noodles do not get overcooked
- Now add 1 tsp oil to the noodles so that they do not stick with each other. Keep it aside
- Then, in a large pan, add 2 tbsp oil. When the oil is slightly warm, add chopped garlic cloves, ginger, and chili to the oil
- Now, sauté onion, and spring onion on high flame. Now, add carrot, green capsicum, snow pea, beans, red capsicum, and broccoli
- Stir fry the veggies on high flame for about 2 minutes. Do not overcook the veggies. Let the crunchiness be in the veggies. Now, add cabbage and stir fry it for about a minute or two
- Now, add all the sauces to the veggies along with vinegar, pepper powder, and salt
- Continue stir-frying the veggies for about 1-2 minutes until the sauces combine well with each other. Now, add the cooked noodles to the veggies and toss them well with the veggies
- Switch off the flame after the noodles are done properly. Garnish the noodles with spring onion and serve hot to enjoy the dish
- Portion Size: 160 g
- Amount Per Portion: 210
- Total Fat: 2.5g (3 %)
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g (3 %)
- Cholesterol: 53mg (18 %)
- Sodium: 389mg (17 %)
- Total Carbohydrate: 39g (14 %)
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7g (13 %)
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Protein: 8g (16 %)
- Vitamin D: 0.2mcg (1 %)
- Calcium: 30mg (2 %)
- Iron: 1.7mg (9 %)
· Potassium: 59mg (1 %)
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contribute to a daily diet. 2000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Note: In this recipe, I have taken 100 grams of noodles, but the nutritional information is based on 1 serving of 160 grams of dry noodles.
How to make noodles a healthy diet?
It is a misconception that noodles are unhealthy. But there are different ways you can make it healthy. You can be experimental with your noodles to make them tasty and healthy so that they won’t increase the calorie quotient in your body. So, let us discuss various ways you can make eating noodles a healthy habit.
Consume the recommended serving size:
Noodles are full of carbohydrates, which are essential for our body. So, we can have noodles as per the recommended serving size. Having noodles more than the recommended serving size will increase the calorie content in your diet. Carbohydrate is essential for us but over usage will cause a lot of health issues in your body. Excess carbohydrates will convert into sugar to cause fat build-up in your body. If you consume noodles in the right amount then it will not harm your body.
Go with healthy options:
Wheat flour noodles are better than white flour noodles. These days, you can find healthy options for noodles like multi-grain noodles, which have more nutrients than white flour noodles. These noodles are full of protein and fiber, which keep you healthy in the long run.
Add protein-rich ingredients to your noodles:
You can also make noodles healthy by adding different vegetables like carrots, peas, peas, bell peppers, and mushrooms into them. This will provide protein and essential fats to your body. You can also add eggs, chicken, or meat to add more protein to your noodles. Cook your favourite noodles in healthy oils like sesame oil or olive oil to make them healthier.
Benefits of eating Noodles:
Noodles are good for your health if consumed properly. So, if you are not convinced that noodles are good for health then you can go through the following facts that will give you a clear idea.
- The noodles are free of cholesterol. Hence, they contain a little amount of fat when they are not cooked. Interestingly, the fat will not be there after you cook the noodles. So, if you are a person having high cholesterol then, noodles can be a good diet for you.
- Noodles make you more focused as they release glucose and provide it to your brain to make it active and focussed. So, you can get this benefit if you consume noodles thoughtfully.
- Noodles can give you so many nutrients when they are cooked. Additionally, there will be no fat after you cook the noodles. For one serving of noodles (100 grams), you can get approximately 71 grams of water, 3 grams of protein, 23 grams of sugar, and zero fat, which makes it a healthy diet option.
- They are low in calories and can absorb a lot of water. So, you can get 4 times more noodles when you cook it in water. So, if you take 100 grams of dry noodles, you can get approximately 400 grams of cooked noodles as they absorb a lot of water.
- Another benefit of noodles is they take time to digest. Hence, they keep your stomach full for a long time. So, you do not feel hungry and do not end up eating too much or too frequently when you eat noodles in your meal.
- The most important fact about noodles is they are free of fat. They can break down fat and keep your insulin level normal and stable. So, your blood glucose remains stable for a long time.
- You will get a lot of vitamins and minerals from your favourite noodles. The most common vitamins found in noodles are vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, and B9. So, if you consume noodles, it will help maintain nerve balance.
- You can also get minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and copper from noodles.
- If you consume wheat noodles, then you can get a lot of cellulose, which is free of gluten. This makes your favourite noodles a better option than bread.
How many servings are in a packet of instant noodles?
Two servings can be prepared with one package of instant noodles. If you will eat one serving of instant noodles as part of a meal with fruits, vegetables, and protein then it can make a balanced meal. On the other hand, if you eat the whole packet of instant noodles (2 servings) then it can add a high amount of sodium and refined carbohydrates to your body. Moreover, you will not get any fiber or other micronutrients with instant noodles
Noodles are good for your health. However, you should check out the nutritional facts and other ingredients written on the packet before buying noodles from a particular brand. Always try to buy good quality noodles so that it does not create any health issues in the long run. You can also buy noodles from the shops that produce noodles through automatic machines. These shops sell fresh noodles instead of storing them for a few days in the packets.
How many grams of fat are in instant noodles?
If you are preparing instant noodles at home, then you should know that it contains about 7 grams of fat, 3 grams of saturated fat, 26 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of protein in it. So, you can add protein-rich eggs or your favorite veggies into your noodles to make them healthy.